- US Visas & Immigration
Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer
US Visa and Immigration Lawyer
Online Now
 letters left
Answers to US visa and immigration questions
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born     The National Association of Foreign-Born
Related Articles
Share This Article:
See Related Articles box for more topics »

US Visas (Nonimmigrant Visas)

US Visas - Nonimmigrant Visas

US Visas Nonimmigrant Visas

International Money Transfer - International Money Order

If you are interested in Green Card issues (permanent residency), see Green Card Issues (US Immigrant Visas, US Immigration).

If you are interested in entering the United States temporarily (not to live or work permanently), this page is a good place to start. To become a temporary visitor (also called a "nonimmigrant") you are generally required to obtain a U.S. Visa, which will allow you to present yourself to an immigration official at the U.S. border for entry into the U.S.

Your stay in the U.S. must be for a limited period of time and restricted to the activity or reason for which your U.S. Visa was issued. You will need a valid passport issued by your own country, and, in most cases you must maintain a foreign residence. You may also be required to show proof of financial support.

For specific requirements and procedures, please see the U.S. Visa category below that applies to you:

Overview of U.S. Visas (Nonimmigrant Visas)

Types of U.S. Visas (Nonimmigrant Visas)

Also see US Work Visas (US Employment Visas)

U.S. Visa Forms, Wait Times, and Status

Nearest U.S. Consulate

U.S. Customs Information

Other U.S. Entry Information

Extending and Changing Your Visa Status While in the U.S.

Other Important Information

Guides from Our Sponsors
Mortgage GuidesLearn to Study Guide
Health Insurance Plans
Your use of this website indicates your agreement to be bound by our Terms of Use. The information provided in this site is not legal advice, is intended to provide basic understanding in summary form, may not be comprehensive, is subject to change, and may not apply to you. Your individual circumstances should be confirmed with the appropriate government agencies or an attorney.
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born
The National Association of Foreign-Born