- US Visas & Immigration
Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer
US Visa and Immigration Lawyer
Online Now
 letters left
Answers to US visa and immigration questions
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born     The National Association of Foreign-Born
Related Articles
Share This Article:
See Related Articles box for more topics »

US Visa and Immigration Guide

US Visas & Immigration

US Visa Immigration Guide

International Money Transfer - International Money Order
  • Overview of the resources on this site that help you with immigration and US visas, the US entry process, forms, immediate assistance, and more.

Welcome to our U.S. Visas and Immigration Guide

You are in the right place if you:

  • Wish to enter or re-enter the United States

  • Are already here on a Green Card (immigrant visa) or U.S. Visa (nonimmigrant visa)

  • Want to help an employee, friend, or family member to enter the U.S.

A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States is generally required to obtain a visa. For an overview, see What is a US Visa?

For Green Card (immigration, or “permanent residency”) visas and issues, you will want to see Green Card Issues (US Immigrant Visas, US Immigration) and check out the Green Card Immigration FAQs.

For business and employment visas, see US Work Visas (US Employment Visas).

For all other visas, see US Visas (Nonimmigrant Visas), and US Visa FAQs (Nonimmigrant Visas).

If you are preparing to enter the U.S., then you will want to review Entering the US (US Entry), which includes information about the inspection process at the U.S. border, U.S. Customs restrictions on the items you can bring with you, and more.

If you are looking for a specific visa or immigration form, you can probably find it in USCIS Forms / INS Forms and Other US Immigration Forms, Fees & Filing Locations.

If you are outside of the U.S., you will need to visit a U.S. Consulate or Embassy to obtain your visa. Find the one nearest you in US Embassies and US Consulates.

For emergencies in the U.S., you may need to contact a consular official from your own country. See Foreign Embassies & Consulates in the USA

Look for the HELP! section at the bottom of most of our visa and immigration pages. This section will tell you how to contact someone to have your specific questions answered. For a more immediate response, type your question into an "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" box on each page.

Have a specific question? To help you find an answer quickly, we have placed "Ask a Visa & Immigration Lawyer" boxes on each page. Simply type a question and you will be directed to a visa and immigration lawyer for a response online.

Popular Issues

And do not be shy about searching for your specific topic! There is a search box for you to use at the top of every page and at the bottom of the "Related Articles" box.

Guides from Our Sponsors
Mortgage GuidesLearn to Study Guide
Health Insurance Plans
Your use of this website indicates your agreement to be bound by our Terms of Use. The information provided in this site is not legal advice, is intended to provide basic understanding in summary form, may not be comprehensive, is subject to change, and may not apply to you. Your individual circumstances should be confirmed with the appropriate government agencies or an attorney.
A Service of  A Service of The National Association of Foreign-Born
The National Association of Foreign-Born